In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ramblings at 1am

So, I should be sleeping. But I can't. I'm tired, but the incessant pounding in my skull makes that next to impossible and I find myself drawn to my blog. It seems the only place these days aside from being with my Hubby & kids that I have friends or I pretend that I do. I write as if I know that people care. I ramble about this or that, not really sure if any of the traffic my blog gets actually reads what I write. I suppose though it doesn't even matter, cause I write for me. I've had writer's block for so long, but as soon as I started blogging it seemed to go away. I always have something to say, even if most of the time its to curse something or somebody out. ;) Its nice to get it out and not always be burdening my poor Sweetheart with it all.

I was thinking today about how my family really needs an official family photo done and then my kids need their individual photos done. I feel like such a slacker mom, because neither one of my kids have had any done. Its always been an issue of money and time. We live a couple hours from a photography studio and I want to go to a good one, but when I looked at the prices for Kiddie Kandid I just about croaked. I'm not going to pay $99 for their cheapest package no matter how good they are, because at least with some of these cheaper places I can slowly build up to that but don't HAVE to spend that much. But cheap or expensive I need to go get them done. I was going to get Aidan's pictures taken last year for Father's Day as surprise for Christoper, but the night before the appointment I ended up having an emergency c-section. So, it never happened. I guess I need to make a list of things to do and put that at the top. I guess I should look up some photography studios. Too bad stand alone photographers charge so much. Anybody know somebody in Utah, who'd do it for really inexpensive?

Another thing to add to my list of things to do is find inventive ways to store things and finish putting away my house. We still have things in boxes out in the garage, but our place on post is so freakin' small and I am NOT creative with storing stuff. I'm not sure how to increase storing capacity. I could really use help with my house, my poor Hubby is not really any help since he works graveyard shifts and sleeps all day. So, cleaning and house care are kind of my thing (not my favorite), but he works 60+ hours so I can stay at home I can be in charge of the house. He's more than willing to help, but when he's awake I don't want to clean I'd rather be spending time with him as a family. Anyway, if anybody has any ideas on increasing storage I'm all ears.

Aidan told me today that he wanted Buzz 'wear which translates to Buzz underwear. We've been kind of working on potty training, but haven't really been pushing it. I think I need to start, because he hates being wet & poopy. He'll even go as far as to remove his diapers, which can be quite messy. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Someone suggested pushing fluids and taking him every half hour. But we spend lots of time driving into town, which kind of kills that idea. How do I work potty training around that? I can't exactly not go anywhere for a month just so I can potty train him. Any ideas?

Ok, so I know I'm really dredging you all for ideas, but I really love hearing from you and I know alot of you are experienced moms. You have tricks up your sleeves. I'd love to hear what has worked for you. For those of you that aren't moms I want your ideas on decorating, blog ideas, etc. What do you want to know about me?

Alright, I'd better get some sleep if I want to get up with my kids. I hope my head will quit pounding! Good Night Everybody!

2 comments: