In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 8 A Photo That Makes You Angry/Sad




I know this might seem like an odd picture to fall into the Angry/Sad category, but if you know the story behind the photo then you would understand. This is right after my daughter Aislynn was born last June, she was six weeks premature delivered by emergency c-section at the hospital closest to my parent's house and not the planned on one. Christopher was in California with the Army and he missed seeing her born by 18 hours. So, this photo combines a combination of joy, love, relief, anger and heartache all in one, because I welcomed my daughter into the world without the Love of my life but although she was six weeks early she was 6lbs 3oz and was only in the NICU for a week. Her lungs being under-developed were the only issue she had, which was a relief. And although I'm an Army Wife and I can 'roll with the punches' I never saw myself in the position where my spouse would miss out on the birth of one of our kids, but he did and I'll admit I was angry, hurt, sad and scared all rolled into one. I wasn't prepared for this to happen when it did and not without him, but I did and my mom was there so I wasn't completely alone. So, that is the story behind this photo of my beautiful little angel, who actually just turned one on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment