In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Year Older & Wiser, Too?

It was my birthday a few days back and I don't exactly know how I feel about it. I honestly can say I don't really feel any different and I sure don't feel any wiser. Plus, you know it didn't really feel like my birthday either. Don't get me wrong there were many birthday wishes including at least 30 from friends and family on Facebook alone and my sweet Husband took me out to dinner and movie of my choice with a couple of friends. I guess now that I'm not a kid birthdays just aren't really exciting anymore.

I was excited at the chance to actually go out on my birthday rather than days or weeks later, which is normally how these things work. In fact last year, I thought my husband had forgotten my birthday because he hadn't said anything to me all day. Sad, huh? I was a little hurt and a little down about it, but I didn't bring it up to him because I didn't want to pointedly make him feel bad. He did wish me happy birthday later that night over the phone while he was at work and he told me that he just hadn't gotten a chance to do so before then. I forgave him, because he was so sweet and well, I love him! What can I say? So, it was so nice having him home on my birthday, although he worked the night before and so he slept part of the day so that he could function that night on our date. We did manage to work in a little Birthday Lovin' in the middle of his nap, which was very enjoyable!

It also was my daughter's 12 month well-baby appt that morning (boy did we have a crazy day!). My daughter weighs 19lbs 13oz and is 29in, you would never know that she was a premie now would you? They have finally taken her off the adjusted charts and put her on the normal charts for her age, she's just below the 50th percentile for everything. Hurray! She's hitting all of her 12 month milestones, the Dr said she is doing exceptionally well and he said we don't have anything to worry about anymore as far as her being a premie goes! Thank heavens!

My daughter the day she was born.



 She's getting so big! This weekend she's been toddling around even more and its most unfortunate that her Daddy is missing out on it again! Such is the life in the Army!

Ugh. Another mind-splitting migraine! Of course it would have to be at its worse when I have no help, but I've been managing and my kids are pretty good (for the most part). They diagnosed me with Chronic Migraines about three months ago and I've been taking all kinds of daily preventive drugs, but the pills for pain once the migraine has already set in costs a whopping $52 even with our Federal Insurance and we just can't afford it. Not to mention you can only take them twice a day and they wear out after exactly two hours, so what about the other 16hrs a day? If anybody has any suggestions I am all ears? Excedrin Migraine just doesn't cut it.

I know this has been all over the place today, but I wrote about what ever came to mind and that's kind of how I want to do it from now on. I want to talk about my crazy kids (because they are crazy and so entertaining. Cute, too.), but I want to talk about me, the Army, my husband and whatever is on my mind that day. I hope that you will find it interesting and can get to know me. Feel free to comment or not, but I do love hearing from you all.

Welcome to Misadventures of An Army Momma With Two Under 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment