In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 16 A Song That Makes You Cry

I think it goes without say that any song that talks about a soldier/s not coming home or the like is probably going to make most of us a little misty eyed if not full out crying, then add pictures of wives & families saying goodbye to their soldiers, soldiers over in Iraq and then the photos that are the hardest to see the ones of soldiers caskets coming home, funerals, loved ones crying etc & I'm bawling like a baby. So, I think its safe to say that songs that are going to make me cry go along those lines and I hope you will forgive me, but I feel that this of all places is going to be the place that these will be the most understood and heartfelt. I don't know how many of you follow Mrs. P's blog, A Little Pink in a World of Camo, if you don't then I think you will find it a life changing experience. I did. It allows you into a world that is more often than not kept hidden, but the world of a Soldier's Widow and her daily struggle to live after he is gone & to raise a baby that will never know her father outside of what is told to her. With that being said I dedicate all of these songs to the bravest woman I know, Mrs. P!



 





I want to point out something ironic about a line in the last song. This used to be the ringtone for when Christopher. Anyway it would play the line, "I won't be there for the birth of our little girl." Well the irony of that is Christopher wasn't there for Aislynn's birth. We all laugh about that now and how ironic it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment