In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Me In A Nutshell (More or Less)

So, I was thinking about it today that I fill out questions every week and do the 30 days of me, which are all fabulous ideas and I will continue to participate. But they are so cookie cutter. There's more to me than my favorite books, movies, websites, etc. At least I hope there is *looks around kind of confused* Just kidding! Seriously though, there really is more to me than that, so let's see what I can tell you about me that can't be found any other way.

Obviously I'm married and have been for four years. I met the love of my life nine years ago, started dating eight years ago, but did a lot of on again off again dating until we got married. Crazy, huh. He is my high school sweetheart, because there never was anyone else for me even when I couldn't see it. I'm a Drama geek to the core and I have been accused of being overly dramatic about things, but uhm, that's kind of to be expected when theatre has always been part of your life. If you don't like that I can be dramatic, go away! I'm not going to change and I don't go out of my way to be like that, its just who I am. Anyway. I performed in Grease, Pippin, The Crucible and helped with tech for Les Miserables in high school. I even had my first speaking part in The Crucible and had to learn a Boston accent, which was very hard for a born & raised Utah girl (I did manage eventually).

I grew up in a home that supported our Troops, but from afar. My Grandfather served in the Army for quite a long time and had not given my mom a very good impression of Military life & soldiers. So, I tried to talk my Hubby, who was my Boyfriend at the time, out of joining to no avail thanks to the negativity that I'd grown up with. Funny thing is, about three years latter I went in with my Hubby to talk to a NCO, who had been a top recruiter for years, next thing I knew I was joining the Army Reserves. My parents weren't too happy about that one. I got a lot of girls don't belong in the Army, parents want better for their kids, and that kind of thing from everybody including my Hubby. It made me want to join all the more to prove to them that I could do it. And I did. I was one the top soldiers in Basic and AIT.

Unfortunately after I returned home, my health took a nose dive. I got married the April following the end of my training with four days between the end of his premob training and him shipping to Iraq. I spent the first year of our marriage alone with health that was taking me through the wringer. I blacked out at the wheel twice and couldn't drive for three months. (It sucked.) I was diagnosed with something called Syncope which has something to do with the arteries in my neck closing off and making me pass out, but they couldn't tell me what causes it or when to expect it to happen. Its something that isn't known alot about. Fun for me. I started having miagraines.

We survived the deployment. I don't think anybody (particularly my family) really believed I could do it and be sane. Or just be ok. It wasn't easy and I cried myself to sleep alot, but I got hobbies and wrote him snail mail as well as emails. We talked a lot more frequent than I had expected, but wasn't going to complain. Anyway, that's our beginning story. Hope I didn't bore you too much.

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis as a young teenager, which made periods horrific and kept me home from school for three days every time I had one. It wasn't until my Hubby was in Iraq and we were really hoping to have a family, and we'd already had three miscarriages (we'll never be sure if they were caused by the endometriosis or not), that we actually did anything about it. I had a laproscopic procedure done about three months before he came home that cut and cauterized all of the endometrial lining and put me back at square one. I'd say between this surgery and a car accident I was in a couple weeks before I got pregnant with my son must have done the trick. (The car accident has always been a joke with my family, they tell me it must have shifted things around inside so I could get pregnant.) Then five months after my son was born, I got pregnant with my daughter. Of course now we're trying and aren't having quite as much luck, but we aren't giving up yet. (Although Endometriosis can and does quite often causes infertility)

I'm going back to school this Fall as long as my financial aid goes through. I'm going to school to become an Archaeologist and including this Fall semester I only have three semesters to go till I graduate with my Associates. I'm really excited to finally be able to see the end of the tunnel. I do hope to get my Bachelors, but its one step at a time. I've only changed my major three times, but this time I truly have found what I want to do. I started out as a Communications Major, changed to an English Major and now an Anthropology Major emphasis in Archaeology. It was something that finally encompassed all of my hobbies and passions, to be something I would actually like doing. I love photography and I'm always trying to learn new things about it. I love History, finding 'Treasures' like rock art, trooping through abandoned mine buildings and the like. I always have my camera handy and can be found snapping away. I also love to take pictures of cemeteries. Weird I know, but they fascinate me!

I know the next thing you will ask me, but yes I do believe in ghosts! I love to read ghost stories. I love to scare myself with the good old-fashioned ghost stories. Now that does not mean I like the ones that are all blood and gore. I tried to watch 13 Ghosts the remake that came out a few years back and I couldn't do it, it made me physically & violently sick. Not a pretty picture. So, no slasher movies for me! I have lived in a haunted house. In the beginning I had a really hard time with that, but by the time we moved it wasn't a big deal. We'd learned to live together.

I want to be a published writer. I want to write a book. I have writer's block. Hard to believe, huh? I mean look at my blog, I always seem to have something to say. But this has been helping me so much. Yet, when it comes to writing my fiction stories I still find I hit a blank wall. I have ideas floating around, but I can't find the words to write it. I guess I'm a perfectionist about it. If you have ideas on how to get past writer's block, I'm all ears.

I don't know what else to tell you. What do you want to know about me? Feel free to ask me. As long as it doesn't break OSPEC than I will answer, if I feel that it does I'll let you know. But otherwise I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment