In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #6 & 7

I always look forward to MilSpouse Friday Fill-In, because you never know what types of questions there will be. I find that as much as you probably learn about me from this, I learn new things about myself as well. ;) I combined this week & last weeks fill-ins, since I didn't have an opportunity to answer last weeks.



What is your spouse’s best feature?
 I love his eyes. He has the most beautiful green-blue eyes and they make me want to melt! ;) I hoped at least one of our kids would end up with his eyes, but alas they both have my blue eyes. Maybe the next one.

Mild, Medium or Hot sauce?
 Mild, my poor tummy cannot handle anything spicy
What is the worst uniform you had to wear for a job?
 When I worked for Albertsons, I had to wear this horrible puke brown polo shirt covered with images of grocery bags. Yuck!
You have invisible powers… where is the first place you would go?
 I would start hitching rides on airplanes and see the world! Go ride all the rides at Disneyland or Disney World, go to Scotland, Egypt
What’s left on your “to do” list for this summer? 
 Go swimming, go on a picnic to the park, go running (finally!), take another family vacation somewhere close, but have never been, go on an overnight campout with just me & my hubby. Now lets see if I can actually do it all! ;)
What is something you wished you’d learned to do earlier in life?
 Sew clothes, I do okay but I have to get help and can't do it by myself. Now I can whip together a pretty nice quilt without any problems.
What is your biggest pet peeve with the military?
 The whole hurry up and wait. They tell you something is going to happen, but you end up waiting forever for it to happen!
What tourist attraction near you have you never seen?
 Canyonlands, Goblin Valley, pretty much all of Utah's southern national parks!
What are you avoiding doing right now?
 General house cleaning and unpacking
Wine, beer or liquor?
 None of the above,  I don't drink.

5 comments:

  1. The Hurry Up And Wait is my pet peeve too!

    Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to sew. I see such cute things that people have made and I'm always like, "I need to learn to do that." My only attempt at sewing was a halloween costume a few years ago. The skirt had a 1 inch hem on one side and a 3 inch hem on the other...not what I was going for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotland and Egypt are on my list of places to visit. They're top two actually (China is third). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My seams are never exactly the same. I think as far as sewing clothes I'm hopeless. Someday Christopher & I will go on traveling adventures together. Probably will have to wait until the kids get a whole lot bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend sews clothes sometimes and loves it...I did a quilt once and that was about as much as my patience could take...

    PS--your wedding dress=super sweet!

    ReplyDelete