In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Announcing...

Babies. Babies. And more babies. I have baby on the brain. I love babies and who doesn’t? (OK so I have heard and seen a few things that indicated that yes there are people out in the world who don’t like babies, weird huh?) And it seems as if everyone is expecting, OK so an exaggeration, but I still know a lot of women who are expecting. I have become obsessed with reading all the posts where my dear Blogger friends talk about their pregnancies and all the fun things they want or have bought for their Little Ones. I can sum up my obsession in two words: Baby Hungry! (I heard that, no, I don’t want to eat babies!)

Yes, I am Baby Hungry and in the worst way. My Hubby and I found that when little Aislynn was about five months old, that we felt a very strong urge to start trying for our next little one. Now that kind of blew us away, because we’d gotten pregnant with Aislynn when Aidan was five months old and boy were we surprised. It was very difficult adjusting to a second baby when my first was little more than one himself. However, I did eventually manage to figure things out, but it was no walk through the park. So, when we felt that need to have a baby (and I do feel that it was a message from a Higher Power) we were both surprised. We had talked about trying once Aislynn had turned one and than it wouldn’t be so hard to manage the new baby. But here we were being told that it was time to work on the latest addition to our little family.

I do have to say that as the months went by quite quickly, I was starting to become frustrated as each month I’d start my period again. And that feeling we’d gotten, suddenly felt urgent like we were running out of time. This could have been for any number of reasons, but I do suffer from endometriosis and its been about three years since I had a surgical procedure to temporarily get rid of the extra endometrial lining. I was worried that it was growing back to the point to cause infertility (it’s a horrible thing to worry about, since it should never have to be a worry!) Slowly two months had gone by, then five and then 8 months had gone by with no success.

I was trying all kinds of ways to not stress about it. Thinking that it will happen when its meant to and that Heavenly Father knows what He’s doing. For all that I tried, it was no use I still stressed about not getting pregnant. That’s why when I took a random pregnancy test two days prior to when I should be starting my period, I was very confused when after having taken the test and seeing no line, that I found ten mins after taking the test there was a faint line. That struck me as odd, seeing as I hadn’t seen any lines prior to that, but the test did say to wait ten minutes. I decided that the next day I needed to take another one and verify. When I took the test the next morning, I found this:


We’re pregnant! it’s a faint line, but its still a line. I called Christopher up in tears telling him that I think we’re pregnant. He, however, being the sensible one said that he wanted me to take another test and double check. In the end, I ended up getting a blood pregnancy test done at the hospital during their Girl’s Night Out, since they were only charging $7 and not billing insurance. I got the results back two hours later and I am definitely pregnant!

Now, we put off telling anyone till now, because a day or so after we had the confirmed results I started spotting and I was terrified that it meant I was going to miscarry. I have had three miscarriages, all of which were before my son was born and I was scared it was happening again. The spotting only lasted a couple hours, but then it started the up the next day. After three days of touch and go spotting I finally called the Dr office and they got me in that night for an ultrasound & blood work. The ultrasound showed one sac, but since I was only 5 weeks 2 days according to the measurements they couldn’t see the baby itself. But there was no sign of an ectopic pregnancy (to my relief.)

I had a Dr appt for that Monday, all it consisted of was updating my info and letting me know that my blood work showed everything was OK. They decided that they wanted to keep an eye on my hormone levels to make sure they are where they need to be. I haven’t gotten those results back as of this moment, but my first appt is at 12 weeks on Sept 23rd. My due date is April 6th, 2011 and I couldn’t be more excited. For now I’m on restricted duty and could be looking at going on bed rest since I was spotting again this morning. I guess we’ll see. I’m so very excited to finally be able to share our good news with you all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys! What a busy woman you are going to be! Good luck with everything, and let me know if I can do anything for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! I have a Dr appt on Wed that will tell me how things are going. This post was actually written on 8/11, so since then I've actually seen the baby & its little heartbeat. We are very excited and I'm very excited that I can tell people now, I'm showing way too much to keep it secret!

    ReplyDelete