In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Writer's Workshop: The Biggest Prank I've Played

Come participate in Mama Kat's weekly writing assignment!



Mama's Losin' It


The biggest prank I ever played was actually an April Fool’s joke. We always get a big kick out of finding the most creative pranks. I love seeing everyone’s expressions and see how they react to whatever we’ve said. You would think our family and friends would have figure this all out by now, but we always manage to trip them up. This  year we announced that that my son had broken his arm and that my hubby was deploying in a few weeks for Afghanistan. Everyone fell for it! It was amazing the responses we got. Lots of heart felt concern for me and my family. We even managed to fool his Dad who almost never falls for our pranks. He told me later that I had really fooled him. He said the added broken arm bit really got him going and then add in the deployment info just made it more real. I loved that I had gotten everyone so good. We’ve done the deployment prank before. We also told some friends one year that we were having a shot gun wedding and that it wasn’t anything that nine months wouldn’t fix. We got them good and they were a little upset at us over that. But it didn’t last too long thank heavens. So, that’s my prank playing. We’ll see what next year brings when I have a newborn or two.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I guess after this post they may not fall for it any more... eh? lol

    Cant say were much of pranksters... but family has kinda a dry humor so dont think it'd go over so swell... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I'm sure by next April I will have thought of something new to pull on them. Too bad your family isn't into joking and pranks. If you say anything that can remotely be considered dirty and they'll never let you live it down. We are always picking on each other,its what I love about my family. Bonus: My family doesn't read this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I don't know why I'm laughing but I am. Probably cause I'm thinking that if I was to pull a prank like that I wouldn't live to try to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Heather if I did that I would never live to do it again! That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm shameless because I thoroughly loved doing it! In fact this post made me start thinking about what kind of prank to pull this next year. I'll even have a new baby or two, and I might get something very good & at the same time very evil to pull on people!

    ReplyDelete