In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Monday, October 11, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #16


I know this is several days late, but I was crazy busy over the weekend with having to help with my sister's bridal shower. Better late than never!

1. What is the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
We drove like 13 hours from Grand Junction, CO to Rio Rancho, NM. It was a horrible drive what with having to take an alternate route due to an avalanche, to cranky kids who just wanted out of the car and trying to hurry and make it to a funeral on time. What saved us on the return trip was going from New Mexico to Utah and avoiding Colorado, but we also bought a double screen DVD player that kept our kids entertained the whole drive.

2. Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.
Well, I collect a lot of things. Dolls, fairies, books, swords and even old bottles. I would actually say that my bottle collection is the most unique. I've found some of my older bottles myself by digging in old mining garbage dump sites, I've been given bottles by family and have bought some myself. I even have a bottle that has the original receipt from the bar it was purchased dating pre-1900.

3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?)
I don't have to ask permission to do stuff and I can stay out as late as I want.

4. What song brings a tear to your eye?
Tough Little Boys by Gary Allen and Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carsle (I think that's how you spell it)

5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc).
I flew for the first time when I was nine and my grandma & I were headed to California. I was the first grandkid to be taken to California for turning 8. We got to go to Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc. I was a little nervous, but excited at the same time. Now, since I joined the Army I have flown many times to many places. Still its always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment