In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Monday, May 9, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #32-?

I am way behind on this I know, but I hope you will bear with me while I try and catch up. Here are a few of the questions answered and hopefully over the next day or so I'll finish the rest. I hope to be ready for this Friday's questions. So, come join me on MilSpouse Friday Fill-In!

Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
 No way. I give kudos to any couple who can make a decision like that and make things work, but I couldn't do it. Its one thing if they go on a hardship tour of duty ie Iraq or Korea, but any where else I couldn't bear to be apart from my husband and nothing is worth it to me to be. We're better together.
What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
I think its the pride in knowing that My Husband is out there fighting for us all and not everyone can say that. I love being a soldier's wife, even when things aren't easy. There are a lot of people who didn't think I could handle being a soldier's wife and I love proving them wrong every day. 5 years and going strong!
Courtesy of zoobooz
If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
I met my Husband pre-Army, but he told me long before that this was what he was going to do. I think even in an alternate reality it would be a toss up. There are things I love about being a MilSpouse which include my Hubby & kids, but things I hate, as we all do. So, I couldn't really say.
What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
I actually saved up and sold the $500 worth of Girl Scout cookies my Hubby had bought prior to deployment, and drove to Ft Carson where he was flying back after serving in Iraq. I got to meet the buses as they drove through the post and sat anxiously through the 'Welcome Home' ceremony. I couldn't find him in the endless sea of uniforms and I went looking for him on the floor, while he'd gone looking for me on the bleachers, eventually we found each other. Lots and lots of tears, it had been the longest year of my life. They had to stay in the barracks on post, so I secretly stayed in his room. They were pretty nice (except for the twin size bed that COULD NOT accommodate 2). It was two sleeping rooms connected to a kitchenette and a bathroom. Apparently everybody really knew I was there, but no one wanted to make him send me away and I wasn't bothering anyone. Made for quite the adventure. Then we drove back home to Utah and took our time doing it. We even stayed a night in a haunted hotel with a ghostly experience.
If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
We both come from larger families, I have four other siblings and he has five so the odds of coming up with a unique name is tricky. We also are very big into our Celtic Heritage and so the combination seemed like the solution. So we have Aidan Christopher (Christopher is actually after my Hubby since he wanted a JR and I said NO!), then there's Aislynn Elayne (Elayne is from a book series we really like) and Rhiannon Brielle Adelaide (poor kid got stuck with two middle names cause we couldn't decided which name we liked better). The thing is though their names fit them and I can't imagine them any other way, including my little Rhiannon.
How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl
We have two dogs. A pure breed Alaskan Malamute and a Wolamute, but really they are more my Hubby's dogs even though both were supposed to be mine. Its what happens I suppose when you get a puppy and then find out you're expecting. ;)
What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest
Scrapbooking and quilting. I also make cakes such as this dragon I made for my husband. What do ya think?
What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages?  submitted by Christine’s Little Blog
I found that the things he couldn't get were the must-haves and always the surprise. Ask me about the time his package jingled! Its the little luxuries from home. I even made him homemade beef jerky and dried fruit, which he loved!
If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl
Vampire Diaries, I love it. Its got hot boys, vampires, and interesting drama that isn't everyone sleeping with everyone else!
What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other’s first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective
The entire first year of marriage. Ok, so besides that I had to have a surgical procedure to remove all the endometriosis that had built up on my bladder, ovaries, etc over the years so that we could actually maintain a pregnancy. We'd already endured three miscarriages at that point and this was the next step. It wasn't the most horribly drastic surgery, but to have a major surgery while your spouse is deployed is hard. I wanted him there when I woke up in recovery and I wanted him to take care of me, but instead my sweet Mom took care of me instead.
With PCS moves happening every few years, do you take the time to paint and decorate your home? submitted by Life as Mrs. JPT
As a Reservist's wife I hadn't had to worry about that one, but we do live on base now because of my Hubby's civilian job. We've been here almost two years and haven't painted & haven't really done any wall decorating. I'm not really sure why to be honest.
What inspired you to start your blog?  submitted by Pink Combat Boots
I need to write, to break out of my writer's block and it worked. It also gave me the chance to write the little stories about my kids, the ones you want to remember and to write about whatever comes to mind. Plus the idea that its 'out there' is kind of nice.
What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen on base? submitted by Adventures in Life
I had to wait for three antelope to cross the road and it was at their leisure too. It was in the middle of the base, too. I almost felt like there was some kind of invisible but given Antelope crossing sign. I also saw a dog in the library. Ok, so she was on a lead and was being trained to be a physical therapy dog, but still last place you expect to see one.
Which historical figure (politician, writer, artist, scientist, actor, etc…) would you like to have dinner with?  submitted by Army of Two
I'd love to have dinner with William Shakespeare, because that man had talent. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I love to read his plays and get lost in their stories. It was actually something I loved doing in English in school. Normally I hate picking apart a story, ruins it for me, but Shakespeare I can go over and over again. I might think of someone else later, but for now its just Shakespeare
If you were allowed to deploy with your husband to a war zone would you and why? submitted by I & J
Maybe, but having had to deal with the whole you can be in the same unit but have to pretend you aren't married I'm not sure I could do that over there for a longer frame of time. A weekend is one thing but months is something else entirely. Of course, my Hubby told me its different over there and that they had a married couple deployed together over there and they even got to live in the same hooch together. Sometimes that beats all that time apart. But then I think of my babies and could I be apart from them? That's where the question really lies.
Have you ever done anything (intentionally, or unintentionally) to embarrass your spouse/significant other in front of his military cohorts?  submitted by Marrying the Navy
Once when we were dating, I came to have lunch with him and a buddy during a Drill weekend. When we got to McDonald's I saw BDUs out of the corner of my eye and so I reached my arm around his waist only discover it was his buddy and not him. Maybe it was me who was more embarrassed, but he can tell people I hugged his Army buddy. Someone from his unit once thought that we wanted to have a threesome with him. All I can say is for as open minded as I am--ehhh gross!
What is your most irrational fear? submitted by Eights on the Move
Enclosed spaces and the elevators crashing the moment I set foot inside & the door closes. I am SO clausterphobic that its not funny. Infact, I'm going to school to become an archaeologist and so my father-in-law hooked us up on a tour of some local with our state's archaeologist. I forced myself to go and then I took photographic evidence to have proof that I went into a cave and spent more than 5 secs in them.
If you could only live in one kind of climate for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?  submitted by Many Waters
Mediocre. A nice 60 degrees with occasional rain, real breezy. I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately, during my time in the Army I have been a heat casualty and a cold weather casualty, so I can't really handle extremes of either. I don't really enjoy spending time in the ER for either.

No comments:

Post a Comment