In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Has It Really Been That Long?

I cannot believe that my sweet (most of the time) little boy turned three today. Where has the time gone? I remember all the months struggling to get pregnant with him, all the miscarriages we endured, the surgery and the car accident all before we found out we were pregnant. As hard as all of that seemed, it must have been necessary steps to us getting pregnant because like two weeks following my car accidents we got pregnant and we found out a few months later that we were. Boy were we excited. The beginning of the pregnancy wasn't too bad compared to what lay ahead, I had morning sickness pretty bad, but eventually it subsided and I started to feel pretty good. But right around 20 weeks my health started to go downhill and it was rough the rest of the pregnancy. It started with a kidney stone sending pain ripping through me in the middle of the night and eventually came down to either I get a nephrostomy tube or I lose my right kidney. So, I got the tube and spent the last three months of my pregnancy carrying a bag of my urine, draining it every few hours and having to have the tube replaced every couple of weeks while I was a awake (not a pleasant experience.) Then I was induced a week early and after having the first epidural work too well and the nurse turn it off (got me in trouble with the Dr), and the second not working at all, I delivered Aidan naturally with tons & tons of tears. I looked at my baby and forgot about how awful all of that was. He was here and he was a miracle. Now, he's three. My baby that I suffered so much for isn't a baby anymore and I feel like I blinked and his being a baby was gone.


Happy Birthday Aidan! I love you and I hope you had a pretty good birthday!

By the way, I'm doing okay following my gallbladder surgery. I hurt. Alot. I've over done it, but my help went home yesterday and we're still waiting to find out if they'll let my Hubby come home or not. I'm frustrated. I'll do what I have to do, I'm an Army wife, it's what we do. I don't mean to sound whiny cause I know there are so many of us out there whose spouses are overseas and are going through alot of crap and would love for their spouses to come home to help. But he's not over there and so it kind of makes it easier for him to be sent home for an emergency and it is an emergency. Its not like I have the stomach flu and want him sent home, I did have major surgery and now all three of my kids have raging fevers, including my preemie which is very scary and I can barely care for myself and take care of all our basic needs because I have to. Anyway, we're fighting the Army and I'm stressed. Just tell us yes or no and don't say these are the reasons we will send him home, then change your mind. Grrrrr. Its been one of those days. I hurt so bad I can barely move. I feel like I'm an overly grouchy mom today and my kids have picked today as a massive rebellion day. Perhaps I'll send them to live at the zoo till my Hubby comes home. Hmmmm...that's an idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment