In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I know, I know. I've been really slacking on writing actually posts these days, but can I just say bedrest makes life boring! I don't get to spend more than an hour or two with my kids each day since they bounce around the homes of Church members. I feel like I'm missing out on so much, my kids are growing up in someone else's home. But there is little I can do for them until I'm off bedrest. I can't pick them up, stand for long periods of time and its very difficult to get off the floor. I miss being a mommy!

I spend most of my day in bed, sleeping, to be honest. I sleep 14+ hours a day. (Thanks to the butt load of meds I'm taking). I watch TV and movies, because I have no concentration what's so ever that lasts long enough for me to pick up a book. I hate not being able to read, its a very important part of my life and I can't even do that. Blogging even takes effort, because I can't sit still, my legs get restless and its just a miserable experience. This pregnancy has been so different from my last two and it just amazes me. I always heard that each pregnancy is different, but after a relatively easy pregnancy last time I was sort of expecting this one to be that way too. Ya, I was wrong.

I'm thinking of planning a girl's night sometime soon and get some friends to come scrapbook or watch chic flicks one night. I don't know how well it will turn out, but I guess it won't hurt to try. I need some female companionship at the moment and I'm not really getting any. All of my friends live at least an hour & a half away.

There has been a possible new development in my pregnancy, which is, quite frankly, a little stressful. I had an U/S two weeks ago that showed something unusual in the left horn of my bicorniate (heart shaped) uterus. I was then asked if I had been told if I could get pregnant on the other side and I told her that no one had said I could, but they hadn't said I couldn't either. She never answered my questions about if it was a baby or not. So, I had to wait until my 12 week appt last week (a whole week later). I was told that it is a sac, but the Dr wasn't sure if it was growing or not. And its been left as a wait and see kind of thing. If it is growing then it could very well mean that it is weeks behind the first baby and was conceived after I was already pregnant. Crazy, huh? My big U/S is in November and they will be looking to see if there are any changes in that sac or if its been reabsorbed. I'm actually hoping that its a healthy baby, because then I could know for sure that this would be my last pregnancy and could plan on a hysterectomy. So, that's my crazy news for the day!

I hope all of your weeks having been going well! Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment