In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What A Day!

I'm in a bad mood today. Ok, so not really a bad mood so much as tired, stressed, in pain and just miserable. Its just been one of those not so great days. You know as women we ALL have them and I HATE them. I could really do without those kind of days, but they inevitably show up every now and then to say 'Hello.' Anyway, I'm hoping to put myself in a better mood in the next while before I go to bed. Maybe I should go to bed now, but Rhiannon will probably start crying as soon as I start to lay down or Aidan will pound on his door over something stupid. So I'll wait a while.

See bad mood day. Big. Time.

A funny and sad thing happened today. Aidan said his first cuss word and it wasn't Mommy's fault! You can't see it, but I'm jumping up & down, doing a small victory dance. Actually be glad you can't see it, its kind of scary. Although as Latter Day Saints we are very strongly encouraged to not swear, I will admit that my Hubby and I are far from perfect with that one. Unfortunately with both of our time as soldiers we've managed to pick up some choice phrases, but since we've had kids we've managed to tone it down to hells and damns for the most part. And when we do let stuff slip out when our kids are around we tell them that we shouldn't have said that and we don't say that. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be the Mom who gets called into the preschool teacher's office because my three year old said something bad.

Anyway, my Hubby got upset over something this afternoon and said quite loudly, 'Damnit!' Then not more than ten minutes later Aidan marches down my bedroom hall and repeats the same thing. I wanted to laugh at the irony and I am chuckling about it now, but I kept a stern look on my face and sent him into Daddy. My Hubby then told him that we don't say that and that Daddy was naughty for saying it too. The irony of the situation is that we've talked about it for months that we've said a few things and have managed to avoid our kids repeating them, and finally he's actually repeated a swear word. I hope he won't do it again, but knowing kids it won't be the last time.

I hope everyone is having a better Wednesday than I am. I'm hoping to be feeling better tomorrow so I can do some more crafting and work on some headbands & clips. I'd like to sell a few things on etsy, but I'd like to get more of a stockpile. When a get a few done, I'll post up some pictures cause I'd love to hear what you all think. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment