In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Practice Pirate Cake

After we had all that fun at Jungle Jim's, we headed home with our friends to have a BBQ and I went to work to finish a pirate island cake that Aidan requested I make. I haven't made a fancy cake since last summer, cause...well its just way too much work with so many little kids. So, the night before I baked the cakes and cute them down to the shape of the islands (unfortunately I didn't take and pictures) & a basic icing coating. I usually freeze the cakes, but there wasn't time so it made the process a lot longer. But we got back the next evening and I went right to work making homemade icing thanks to Buddy on the Cake Boss. I then iced and created a pirate island paradise covered in playmobile figures to help. What do you think?














This was a test run cake for the one I have to make at the end of the month for the big family birthday party. I have a few kinks to figure out before then, but I think all and all it was a good test run for the next one. Although the next one has to feed more people. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment