In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Writer's Workshop: Sparkle

I haven't been super on top of this for a while, but felt the need to get back to it this week. I don't want anyone feeling like I've abandoned my blog, which isn't true at all I've just been trying to get better. Anyway, if you don't already head on over to Mama's Losin' It and join in her weekly writer's workshop! Its a super fun way to blog and helps when those moments of writer's block kicks in!



The water glistens 'neath the summer sun
A swish and swirl breaks the surface
Was it a dream?
Or was it nothing more then a fantasy?
Leaning forward my fingers trail
Leaving dimples upon the surface
A shimmer, a ripple
Nothing stays the same
Ever changing,
Ever moving
From my eye I catch a glimpse
Of Sparkle and color
What secrets lie beneath the summer pond?
I gaze across the water blue
Hoping,
Dreaming of the serene summer pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment