In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trying To Stand

I keep trying to stay caught up with my blog and I realize I'm failing miserably! Every time I seem back on top of this or that, I start feeling better and then I'm wiped out by the next wave of life. The biggest thing has been my health. Can I just say how ready I am to be healthy again? I miss being a good mom to my kids. Some days I can't hardly get out of bed, I feel weak and exhausted or my head is pounding so badly I can barely move. Its gotten to be where all I can do is hope I feel good and work with whatever comes my way. My kids have been enjoying lots of inside fun or rather lots of cartoons and lots of indoor make believe! My kids have some pretty awesome imaginations!

I go into see a general surgeon this morning and discuss my three hernias. Yup, you read that right, 3 hernias. I'm thinking at least one definitely has to be fixed and if they are going in to fix one they might as well fix them all. Which means I'll probably be having surgery in the next few weeks. That makes four this year. My goal for next year is no surgeries! ;) I guess we'll see what the Dr says tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Aidan's getting so big, at 4 1/2 he tries to be a big help during the day, but nights are a weak point for all the kids. He thinks he's big enough to stay up as late as he wants, which gets frustrating when I have to go in multiple times to tell them to go to bed or re-tuck them in. We've been working on his ABC's and we're up to DEF. He's picking it up slowly, I had hoped to send him to preschool this year, but finances prevented us from doing so. He loves learning, I wish I could find a really good home preschool set up. I've kind of gathered my own bits & pieces to use to teach. I hope to have him ready for kindergarten next fall. We weighed him tonight and he weighs a whopping 40lbs. He is so compact that it hardly seems like he should way that much. He's been on a superhero kick as of late and we've watched Spiderman, Batman, Avengers and Captain America to the point that I'm sick of superheros. He even dressed up as Batman for Halloween. He's always shooting and taking out the bad guys around the house.

Aislynn is very much the Princess and has to change her clothes 4 and 5 times a day. I'm going to have to make her some more durable dress-up outfits, since between her & Rhiannon they've ripped most of the cute skirts. She's anxious to learn her alphabet too. She asks on a regular basis to draw letters on my Nook tablet. The three kids all have such fun trying to write their letters. We pretty much had her potty trained and then we had a baby & moved, so we've been dealing with lots of accidents, which is so frustrating. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help her out, I'm all ears! She's also trying to be such a big helper and often sneaks into Fallon's room to scale the crib just to talk to him.

Rhiannon is going to be two in March and I can hardly believe it. Of course it helps that she's still so tiny and petite that you can hardly believe she's almost two. She barely weighs 19lbs and baby brother is rapidly catching up. She wants to be like Aidan & Aislynn and is constantly following them around. She's starting to talk up a storm, although its still hard to understand her. She is very obsessed at the moment with going 'ouside' and will stand at the front door knocking on it. Daddy tries to take them out of the house once at week at least, this week it was a walk to the shoppette on post. She even came home holding clumps of snow in her very red little fists, she wanted to show Mommy. She's getting so big, where has the time gone?

Mr Fallon, our little Dragon baby, is getting so big. At his 6 month check up, he weighed in at 16lbs 3oz (7%) and 26" (25%) long. He's finally able to hold his super cute, but large little head up and is enjoying tummy time more. He loves to play in his jumperoo and loves being able to see what everyone is doing. He doesn't like to be left alone and cries if he realizes he is. Still working on the baby food bit, his poor tummy doesn't handle the cereals very well, but he loves most veggies we've given him and I hope soon to start fruits. No sign of crawling yet, which is sad when we're seeing other babies younger then him starting to crawl, but at the same time it means I get to enjoy him little for a while longer. I love my sweet baby boy!

Christopher has been working hard and picking up all the extra hours he can, which doesn't leave much time at home to spend time with us. But the medical bills are a little high this year and so its important we get as much paid off as possible. It will make life less stressful. He's nearly passing his PT test and this month he missed the run by 50 seconds. Next month he'll pass and can put in for SGT. He'll make an awesome NCO!

And me, I'm just trying to get better. I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my poor body. My new Dr has put me on new migraine meds, which seem to be working better, but the one kind is really expensive (oh but it works so wonderfully)! I'm hoping to get tested for diabetes in the next month or so, see if we can cross that off the list. I'm still trying to unpack and organize my new place. Its been a really difficult thing to do when I'm the only one home most of the time and then add in being sick. I'll get there, eventually. I'm down six more pounds and am one pound off my pre-pregnancy weight, hurray! Its good to see the numbers going down.

Anyway, its super late and I have an appt early so. Night all! I hope I'll get a chance to write some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment