In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas At Our House

We decided this year that we wouldn't rotate holidays between our families anymore. Its too hard with the schedule that Christopher has and with family living 2 hours away, its just easier and more relaxing to not go anywhere. Which also works better for me being on bedrest to keep Fallon in there a whole lot longer. ;) So our festivities began early on Christmas eve since Christopher had to work, so we did our traditional Christmas eve gifts. Which are always new PJs and the kids had fun opening those and even Rhiannon had fun.

















After putting my little rugrats to bed, I immediately set up our Christmas gifts. I was exhausted and luckily my kids are still little enough that I could get away with it. Then it was off to bed for me. When Christopher got home in the morning he finished some last minute presents, including setting up Rhiannon's big toy.



While last Christmas my kids let us all sleep in til 10am, this year however they had other plans. My husband got home about 7:45 and fifteen mins later Aidan & Aislynn were up at their door wanting to be let out. We managed to keep them in their for another half an hour to finish things up and then we released them.












They all made out like bandits, including Fallon. We had tons of fun opening presents, playing with all the toys. Christopher cooked us a big breakfast, which was followed by another round of toys and then enjoyed a wonderful Turkey dinner. It was nice to just be at home. I even took the time to put together the 804 piece Lego Black Pearl ship that Santa brought me, all by myself. Go me! It was a great day and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it!







No comments:

Post a Comment