In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bedrest

So, honestly there isn't anything to terribly exciting about being on bedrest, kind of makes my life boring. I mean aside from the constant worry that Rhiannon is going to decide to come any day. Having gotten the steroid shots makes me feel better about her lungs at least, but there are so many other things that her coming early can bring. Not to mention long NICU stay and me having to move in with my in-laws so I can spend time with her. (Hospital is 2 hours away from my house.)

Anyway, about the only exciting things going on is finding I have no patience for my two toddlers, who feel the constant need to wreak havoc all over the house. Although I should be resting more, I find myself picking up their toys 6 and 7 times a day, just to avoid tripping and dying. Trying to get either one to really help me is near impossible. Plus I discovered yesterday that nesting has begun, I couldn't sleep last night thinking of all the things I'd like to get done and figuring out how to place furniture in our bedroom so we can accommodate a bassinet. I even did some organizing today in the baby's room, which is currently Aislynn's bedroom and my craft room. It felt good to accomplish something, but boy was I worn out and I really only spent like 30 mins in there. I pulled out all the newborn clothes and set up the changing table. The next part of organizing the nursery is to clear off my two tables and  make things accessible.

My life is really boring right now. Honestly I'd love to be able to go do stuff. At the elementary school here on post they're going to do a free dinner & movie night this next week, I would love to go and take the kids. They are showing Legend of the Guardians, but alas my Hubby works and I honestly don't think I could contain my children. Plus the whole bedrest thing, makes it hard to get away with stuff like that. I mean just folding one load of laundry tonight took all of my energy. I even have a couple more loads that really need to be put away and I have no desire to do so. Yet, I have the nagging 'nesting' need to do it. Grrr. I wonder does that mean Rhiannon will be here sooner? I've never had nesting before, so this is all new to me. Anyway, so that's how things are going for me. I spend ample time in bed watching all my DVRed shows, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons (yes, I am a nerd!) and spending time on my computer when my hands aren't too swollen to do so. Yup, nothing too terribly exciting. I hope everything is going well for all of you. I will keep you all updated on things as things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment