In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Writer's Workshop: New Year's Resolutions

I'm doing pretty good I think, going on week two of consecutively participating in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Bedrest is getting old and this is fun. So head on over and join in all the fun! Plus never have a moment where you truly have nothing to write about :)


2012 New Year's Resolutions

To be honest I have never been very good with keeping resolutions in the past. I don't think its an uncommon idea, but really I'd love to be able to say next year a kept at least one. I mean I am realistic after all some will obviously be easier to keep than others. I guess we'll see what I can do and I won't be too angry with myself for not being perfect. ;)

1-I would like to be sure to pay my LDS tithing every paycheck. Be creative as I must inorder to be sure I can do it. (If you don't know much about the LDS Church, we are asked to pay a 10% tithe of what we earn. I won't go crazy and get all overly religious on you, but its taught in our Church this 'Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have asked Church members to give one-tenth of the money they earn to the Church for tithing. Since everything we have comes in one way or another from Heavenly Father, paying tithing is really just giving one-tenth back to him. Tithing belongs to Heavenly Father, and we should not keep it from him.' (Primary Manual) I haven't been super great at it in the past and I would like to do better.

2-I want to lose all my pregnancy weight plus another 54lbs. Luckily I've only gained 9lbs this pregnancy and I only have 10 weeks left before they'll most likely be taking Fallon. So I think I'm doing pretty good.

3-I want to work hard to learn more about my new camera and about photography that I can actually start doing professional photography. Its nice that myself and my best friend are both having babies around the same time, so I have two babies to practice on. Plus I've been adding cute photo props to my collection to use!

4-Work with my kids more on their colors, ABCs, numbers, etc than I have. They are both so smart, I just need to find the time in the day to do it.

5-Get out more! I need to get myself more of a social life! Start a monthly girls night and participate in the local Moms playgroup. I just need to spend less time cooped up inside and more time with other people. I'm kind of loner/recluse. Not really because I want to be, but with all my health issues as of late it makes it hard and I live far enough away that people refuse to come see me. So, maybe I just need to get out!


So, I know they aren't the most exciting of resolutions, but they are things I've noticed over the last year that I'd like to improve. I hope that I can! What are your top resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. I like that you have stated tithing as one of your goals, I have never been good at tithing I maybe be faithful for a couple of months, then find excuses the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete