In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Friday, February 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #24-31


I have been slacking terribly the last couple months and I'm sure my blog has been more than a little boring. Being on bedrest doesn't really allow as much 'rest' as one might think particularly when one has two toddlers who love to wreak havoc. I'm going to work on doing better, so I'm going to attempt to play catch up with these fill-ins. Enjoy!


1. Aside from no deployments, what is one thing you would want to make the MilSpouse life “perfect”?  submitted by Oh How Delightful
That the Army would be more considerate of big events and holidays, therefore not scheduling Drill weekends when we already have plans. My Hubby hates that every summer they hold AT over Utah's big Scottish Festival and Father's Day. This year AT is actually in May, but he has drill over the Festival weekend. I hate that they are so inconsiderate, who plans the dates?
2. Just how many peppers did Peter Piper pick? submitted by Married into Army
However many his wife said he needed to bring back for dinner. ;)
3. If you could have any career in the world with nothing holding you back, what would you do? submitted by It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want To
I would be an archaeologist, who travels that world and does all those amazing excavations that you only hear about.

4. Do you have a service oriented tattoo and if so what is it. If you don’t what would you get? submitted by The Squid’s Accomplice
 Nope, I don't have any tattoos
5. Imagine a block of time has opened up in your busy day for you to take a class in anything you like. What subject would you choose?  submitted by To The Nth
A creative writing class, I love to write and I always enjoy have new challenging things to write about
1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life
 The Adventures of Mr Superman and Mrs S. I love her blog and find it entertaining as well as very down to earth

2. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
I can go do anything I want, when I want. If I feel like I need a girls night out, I can just arrange it without worrying about interfering with other plans. More time for me, of course all of this comes from my Hubby's one deployment when we were first married and had no kids.
3. How long did you date your before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic
4 years before getting engaged and then we got married. We'll be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year.

4. What do you think your would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
He'd probably be a cop.
5. If you could talk to the Secretary of Army what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?  submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife
Things need to be geared around the families. Like things on post being open during hours that families can actually go to. On our military installation the commissary hours are not conducive to working families. Our library isn't even open on Saturdays. That's really not convenient. Everybody seems so worried about having their four day work week, my Hubby works a five day work week and we find that nothing is open when we need them to be. Any paperwork you need done don't try going on a Friday.

1. Since most of the country has had nasty weather, what has your weather been like this week?
Some days sunny and other days snowy. We had 6 inches of snow this morning, but by early afternoon you'd never have known it had snowed.

2. What is/are your best money saving tip(s)?
Create shopping lists before you go shopping that way you are less likely to pick up unnecessary things.
3. What was your favorite vehicle you’ve ever owned??
My Hubby's 1962 Mercury Meteor. It is the coolest old car and I can't wait for him to finish getting it fixed up so we can show it off.

4. What is a question you’d like to see asked in a future fill-in? (Your question & blog just may appear one week!)
How do you deal with the stress of raising your kids, taking care of the bills and all the other things that have to be taken care of while your SO is deployed?
5. Fill in the blank: You might be a MilSpouse if….
you arrange your schedule around commissary hours,
drill weekends, AT and deployments.


1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?
Either romantic comedies or Romantic dramas
2. What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
A trip of Europe and finish up in Egypt
3. Did you have pets growing up?
My family went through a lot of pets growing up, most didn't last very long. We had three dogs, 4 or 5 cats, 7 rats, a hamster, a bird, and a bunny.

4. What do you do for exercise?
Before I got placed on bedrest I was working out on the WII Fit, but that came to an end with bedrest. Once I've recovered from my c-section I'll probably start back up with that and work towards actually running and such.
5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?
Be supportive of your spouse and always be honest, if you can do that and communicate life will be a lot easier.

1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?
I guess obviously their name and just a little about them. If I have knowledge about how long they been married or if they have kids and what not then I feel more comfortable talking with them.

2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?
I love that I know my Husband so well, but even after nine years I'm still finding out new things about him. I love being surprised by the new things, but enjoy knowing that I know him better than anyone else.
3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live?
Probably somewhere not in Utah. Maybe somewhere in the Scottish Highlands
4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?
My Nook, it used to be a handful of books, but my Nook now allows me the access to at least 1500 books and more with storage. It takes up a lot less space.
5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.
 Shy, creative, stubborn, weird, well-read, dramatic, playful, inquisitive, knowledge-seeking, friendly
1. What are you looking forward to most in 2011? from Jessica Lynn Writes
The birth of my daughter, Rhiannon
2. What is something random you do on a boring night when your significant other is away? from Lovin Ma Soldier
Watch all the shows my Hubby won't watch with me!

3. What has been your greatest adventure as a MilSpouse?
I think that would have to be deployment the first year of our marriage. What greater adventure is there?

4. What is the ugliest fashion trend you ever bought into (I’d like to make fun of you, so can you please provide a picture as well)? from More Than An Army Wife
I don't think that this one applies to me since I don't and never have been into the lastest fashion trends.
5. What was the high point of last month?
Taking my adventurous Life flight trip to a hospital in Salt Lake City. (Not exactly a high point as much as an adventure)

1. What is the best gift you have ever received or given? from Jessica Lynn Writes
An adventurous weekend getaway with my Hubby. Going to our favorite bed and breakfast and having the time to do whatever we feel like.
2. Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition? from The Albrecht Squad
I try to keep up traditions. We didn't do Santa gifts during his deployment, but now we have kids so I think keeping things traditional is important.
3. If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree?
A star.
4. What are your three favorite websites?
I don't think I have any. I spend the most time on Blogger reading all the blogs I follow and Facebook since I like keeping up with my friends and families' lives.
5. On your man do you prefer… boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando? (yeah, I’m starting to get desperate for questions!)?
We actually wear Religious garments and they actually are like boxers, so I'd have to say that or commando. ;)

1. What do you see your life like in 10 years?
Probably being an active duty milspouse with three preteens going on adventures around the world together.
2. What do you like most about your job?
I'm my own boss as a stay at home mom. I have the flexibility to go and do what I like, when I want to. What's better than that?
3. What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is?
Watch Disney Junior with my kids, take a nap with my husband (works graveyard shifts), and check on all the blogs I follow.
4. What would you do with an extra five hours in the day today?
Clean my house and get ready for my daughter's birth next week.
5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday  you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)?
My Mom's Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 ¾ c sugar
1 c shortening
1 c sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp nutmeg (possible add more)
4 to 5 cups flour

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients. Roll out and bake. 375 for 8-10  mins (makes 4 to 5 dozen)

No comments:

Post a Comment