In a world with a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 16 month old, a 3 month old and two soldiers you never know what misadventures await. Life is always springing the unexpected and I want to share them with you. Welcome to my world.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Catch Up

Its been quite a while since I've written, but things have been so crazy the last couple weeks. Let's see I'm now 19 weeks and feeling Rhiannon move a lot more. One of my favorite things about being pregnant! ;) On the 1st of November we were so excited that the next book in Christopher & my series was being released. The Wheel of Time books are the best series I've ever read and a few years back the author, Robert Jordan, passed away before completing the series. So, his wife selected another author to work with his notes and complete the last book, which has actually turned into three books. Anyway the new author, Brandon Sanderson, actually lives in Provo, Ut making the first and second books big midnight releases in Provo. Which is so exciting, so we've got numbered books last year being 87 & 88, plus personalized by Brandon. So, this year we were excited to get the same with this book. We had to go be in line at 8am to collect our book numbers for later that night. We actually got there at 6am and got books 45 & 46. Then we came back at about 9:30 PM that night and participated in a Q&A with Brandon, then waited in line until midnight to collect our books. The books were all pre-signed and numbered, but then if you wanted the books personalized you waited in another line. Of course we did, I even got him to sign the inside cover of my Nook, which he had never been asked to do that before. It was a lot of fun. Christopher and I even had the opportunity before heading to the signing to go out to dinner. He took me to Rodizo Grill, a Brazilian cuisine, which I had been craving for weeks. It was a nice date.


I am participating in this years NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) contest and its been a very daunting task. The goal is to write 50,000 words by midnight on November 30th. It started on the 1st of November and I am already at 21,845 words. I'm so excited at how well I'm doing. My personal goal has been 5,000 words a day and I was doing that well, until Saturday this last weekend when we were out and about doing so much that I didn't have a moment to stop and write. Same with Sunday. But Monday was an entirely different issue.

I had to be rushed to the hospital for some very severe right flank and bladder pain. I thought for sure that I had a kidney infection, but after our two hour long drive to get to the hospital, and a few tests later they could find nothing. No signs of a kidney stone on the ultrasound and no sign of infection in my urine test. Yet, they couldn't get my pain under control and so after some discussion about my concern about going home two hours away and still being in so much pain, I was admitted. They kept me on dilaudid ever hour and zofran every two hours, but by that evening I was now having a narcotic migraine. It was awful! I ended up staying until Wednesday morning, since the Dr was concerned about sending me home with such a bad migraine and the kidney pain. I had to laugh when several of my nurses knew me for previous hospital stays with my other two pregnancies. I'm doing better, still drugged up with oral pain meds and the narcotics migraine has slowly been dissipating. Still have kidney pain, but it has mellowed out some too. Thanks heavens. The Dr thinks that the kidney pain was just my kidney being colicky due to my pregnancy, but he says we'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't quit working and that sort of thing.

So, that has been my adventures for the last couple of weeks. My posts might be few and far between until the end of the month, but once this contest is over I'll be back. I'll try to post Halloween pictures over the next few days, so you can see how much fun we had trick or treating. I hope all of you are doing well and that you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment